Our friend Adam has his E30 325ic up for sale. Here are the details of his car as posted in his ad on Craigslist.
“I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it and the vert has to go. I honestly love the car but not having a garage to park it in is just a losing proposition. I thought the hardtop would solve the problem but a little moisture still leaks in. So I need to get a coupe.
The car comes with complete records from the PO and the time I’ve had it. The PO was a 60+ yo lady who drove it in the summer around the Willamette Valley’s wine country. The husband bought her a more “practical BMW” and then sold this one to me. The previous owner had owned it since 1992 and only put about 1000 miles on it per year for last decade. Since I’ve had it, I’ve gone through and had most of the old brittle rubber parts replaced since this was such an infrequently driven car.
The soft top has some small holes (water leaks, nothing bigger than a toothpick sized hole) and the rear window is ripped and needs replacing. I recently drove the car from Portland to Trinity Lake and back (1k est) and it drove wonderfully while averaging 25 mpg.”
Some perks of the car are:
- New brake pads/rotors
- Timing belt and water pump replaced
- New spark plugs
- New air intake boot
- All coolant hoses replaced
- Low miles (113k original)
- Extensive record history
- Straight body, no rust
- M3 springs
- Bilstein Sport struts
- E90 Drop hat (intalled to level out the M3 springs)
- Great clean interior (driver’s seat outer bolster has typical wear for being original)
- Hardtop in great condition
- S3,73 Limited slip differential
- European rear license plate filler
- M3 hood liner
- K&N filter panel
- Gauge cluster fully functional as well as the service indicator panel and MFD
- AC works great
- Heater fully functional
- Crack free dash
- Color Matched 14” BBS RZ wheels
- Projector headlights
And as this is a 23 year old car, there are somethings that need attention:
- Calipers could use a rebuild
- There are some small door dings that could be remedied via paintless dent repair.
- The accessory belts should be replaced soon
- There’s a small vacuum leak, only noticeable at low RPM
- Passenger heated seat stopped working last month
- VETERAN PLATES not included, so you’ll need a trip permit to drive it away
The price with hardtop is $5500 or $4000 without the hardtop. I’m willing to trade for a BMW that’s interesting and well-sorted. I do lean toward older. But, will consider your trade offers. This should go without saying, but not convertibles please.
More photos of it here:
I’m firm on price, as I know this car is well worth the money. I really wouldn’t be selling it at all, but letting it sit out in the elements is killing the OCD part of me.
I WILL NOT SELL THE HARDTOP SEPARATELY, unless the car sells without it. If you ask, don’t expect a reply.