Our friend Lambert has decided to part with his E30 320is. These are the details of the car.
I am the 3rd owner since 2002. No rust whatsoever, the car always slept indoor in Southern Europe. It has A/C, front power windows and sunroof, and the OEM S14B20 engine, coupled to the OEM Getrag 265/5 dogleg close ratio gearbox. And 25% LSD. It is like a 325i with an M3 engine and drivetrain.
- The paint: (DiamantSchwartz Metallic) is still nice, but being original it has few little marks here and there. In my opinion the only thing that would really need repainting is the front M-Technic spoiler, I got it like that and never had the time to paint it. This BMW has never been involved in crashes, the car is straight and everything on her is new.
- Reason for sale: I moved to UK in 2006 and since then the car has been sitting on 4 axle stands. As the plan was to bring her with me I changed everything before bringing her to the unknown country, then things went differently and the 320is remained in Northern Italy, Verona province.
- The car has new tyres (Bridgestone Potenza front and Toyo T1r Proxes rear) new brakes, new shocks front and rear. Supersprint exhaust. Eibach springs, and the original ones are included in the sale. Many spare parts are included in the sale. The rarest is a spare head with all the bits. There is then a spare AFM, a spare tacho, additional bits to complete the M-Tech interior (as the OBC2 in English including the whole harness and stalker, and the black headlining for 4 door - sunroof models) many other spares, all in the boot.
- Although on axle stands she has been started periodically and got also a new 74Ah battery in 2009. Needless to say that because it is stored in a climate controlled place the battery still works perfectly. Stored in total darkness so the sunlight didn’t have any chance to damage seats, tyres and dash (which is uncracked).
- The only thing it will need, prior to being driven, is an oil change: oil filter, fuel filter and 5 litres of Castrol 10W40 are inside the car. No air filter as it has a 1000Km old K&N panel filter inside its airbox. The car has few glitches that in my opinion are offset by the quantity/rarity of the spares.